Here is my top 10 from this list of 101 ways to know your software project is doomed:
- Developers use the excuse of “self documenting code” for no comments
- All of your requirements are written on a used cocktail napkin
- Progress is now measured by the number of fixed bugs and not completed features
- Your source code control system is a series of folders on a shared drive
- Your manager wastes 7 hours a week asking for progress reports
- The phrase “It works on my machine” is heard more than once a day
- Developers are not responsible for any testing
- All code reviews are scheduled a week before product launch
- You have cut and pasted code from The Daily WTF
- The last book you read: Oracle 8i A Beginner’s Guide.
What’s your favorite one?
Filed in ColdFusion
on 27 Aug 07