The following are 10 blogging tips I extracted from Tim Ferriss‘s presentation (video below) originally titled “Scalable Blogging Behaviors: How to Grow from 1 to 1,000,000 Readers”, then re-titled to “How to Blog without Killing Yourself“:
- The best times to publish a post are 7am PST and 6pm EST.
- The best days to publish a post are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Change the word “Category” to “Topic” to increase page views.
- Display the publishing date at the bottom of the post.
- Add the number of minutes it takes to read the post. Normally, it’s 250 words per minute.
- A post should be about one, and only one topic.
- Write about what you are passionate about.
- Use tools such as Evernote, slinkset.com and Twitter to gather writing material and poll for ideas.
- Use Google Keyword Tool to increase your Google juice.
- Use Flickr’s advanced search to find interesting Creative Commons photos to use in posts.
Of course the above tips worked for Tim but they may or may not work for you and me.
Here is Tim’s full 50 minute presentation:
Filed in Tips
on 07 Jul 09 | Tags: blog